Thu, 27 Jan|
Breastfeeding the Premature Child
Breastfeeding benefits all children, especially the most vulnerable. It reduces the risk of complications related to prematurity. Breastfeeding and the composition of breast milk have a long-term impact on the growth and cognitive development of these children.
Hour and location
27 Jan 2022, 14:00 – 17:00 CET
About the event
Moderators: Jean-Charles Picaud and Jean-Christophe Rozé
- Breastfeeding of premature infants: State of play and objectives (Emmanuelle MOTTE SIGNORET, Poissy)
- Importance of breastfeeding initiation* (Rebecca HOBAN, Toronto)
- Early intervention to support breastfeeding in neonatology* (Daniela MUCH, Medela)
- Practical arrangements and procedures for donating milk (Delphine LAMIREAU, Bordeaux)
- Place of milk donation in the care of vulnerable newborns (Jean-Charles PICAUD, Lyon)
- Protein composition of the milk of mothers of premature newborns and growth and future at 2 years: Results of the LACTACOL study (Laure SIMON-DELFOSSE, Nantes)
*Presentation in English. Presentation available in French and subtitles to be activated via the Zoom platform.